Visit Chichester is committed to supporting green tourism across Chichester District.
We seek to ensure that:
- Tourism does not have an adverse effect on our local environmental, especially our protected landscapes around Chichester Harbour AONB and the South Downs National Park
- Tourism is acceptable to, and welcomed by, the host communities across Chichester District
- Tourism is profitable to the many business supporting the visitor economy across the District
- The local tourism industry affords you, the visitor, the highest quality visitor experience
Support green tourism by doing your bit!
Help us by:
(1) Showing you care
- When you're planning your next trip to Chichester, try to choose 'green' businesses who are environmentally friendly.
(2) Trying local, buying local
- Visit the many farmers' markets, pubs, cafes and shops across the District. By buying our superb local produce you'll be supporting the rural economy.
(3) Giving the car a rest
- Escape the stress of driving and explore the area at a more leisure pace. Why not discover the unique landscapes across the District on foot, by bike or on horseback. Alternatively take advantage of public transport and the bus routes that run between the main towns across the District.
(4) Helping the planet
- Cut your carbon footprint by saving energy and water where possible. Why not turn off lights and applicances when not in use.
(5) Reducing, reusing, recycling
- Please help us to reduce waste by recycling or taking your rubbish home. Next time you're out shopping, try to remember your re-useable bags.