Visit Chichester is the Destination Management Organisation for the Chichester district. Founded in 2004, it has been promoting the entire district ever since. With recent additional funding (and much increased support) from the Chichester District Council as well as the Chichester Business Improvement District we are now hiring our first full-time employee.
About the Chichester District
Nestled at the foot of the South Downs, the Chichester district takes you from city to country to coast. Whether it is just for the day, a weekend or longer – we provide countless possibilities to engage with and enjoy our part of West Sussex. Chichester is a cathedral city in West Sussex and our main market town. It has a long history from Roman times and a wealth of heritage, alongside a vibrant and contemporary cultural life. Our magnificent coastline includes Chichester Harbour with many wonderful places to visit including West Wittering Beaches. Exploring the north of our region reveals the delightful towns of Midhurst and Petworth. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, sandy beaches, fishing villages, historical and family attractions, theatre and the arts – this exciting district offers incredible diversity to suit every visitor.
Purpose of the role
You will be responsible for delivering all marketing campaigns and related across the line material. Your ultimate (and actually only) goal is to promote the Chichester district. You will be measured by traffic and revenue generated for the entire district as well as an increase in brand awareness and positive perception.
- Planning - Develop key campaigns throughout the year
- Delivery - Cover all marketing channels (including but not limited to digital, multimedia, offline)
- Content - Manage all social channels and website content including influencer management
- PR – Devise and deliver proactive and reactive PR campaigns
- Brand Guardianship – Protect and champion the Visit Chichester brand and what it stands for
- Insight – Lead the gathering and analysis of all relevant data to develop the marketing plan
- Design/Creative – Lead the development of all creative aspects of Visit Chichester campaigns
- Income Generation – Support strategy to increase revenue generation with required marketing
- Fundraising – Support development of funding opportunities with required marketing
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communicator
- Perceptive and agile – able to understand and meet the expectations of diverse stakeholders
- Visionary and ambitious – able to see the bigger picture, work towards it and take others with you
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- 2-5 years of previous marketing experience
- Digital appreciation
- Willingness to learn
- Background in tourism would be helpful but is not necessary
The interview process will consist of 2-3 interviews with key members of the Visit Chichester board
- Please direct your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any up-front questions, please contact our company secretary Richard Cole under 07876237073
- Please include a covering letter and a CV
Please include answers to the following three qualifying questions:
- Please explain your association with the Chichester district and the wider tourism industry
- Proactive, self-starter, one woman/man team are key aspects of the role – please describe a similar situation where you drove significant impact by yourself
- Please indicate your salary expectations